RE: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elispmanualindex]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elispmanualindex]
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:12:15 -0700

> > You make a more general point, however. Things such as index
> > lookup via `i' would have no HTML counterpart (or, rather,
> > one might need to be developed). ECMAscript? (ugh!)
>
> HTML doesn't care about key-bindings, so it's not clear what you mean.

That's just what I meant: HTML doesn't care about key bindings.

> But HTML does include notions for special links to "the next page" or "the
> index page".  It's rarely used if ever, and very few browsers support them
> usefully (i.e. better than by just ignoring them), but still:
> HTML supports it just fine, it's only browsers which don't.

That's no doubt a good point.

I did mention the "HTML `accesskey' attribute", which seems to be a way to
attach key bindings to particular elements (such as <a> links). I'm not sure
how far that would get us, or what browser support there is for it.