Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elispmanualindex]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elispmanualindex]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:26:14 -0400

> I did mention the "HTML `accesskey' attribute", which seems to be a way to
> attach key bindings to particular elements (such as <a> links).  I'm not
> sure how far that would get us, or what browser support there is for it.

I don't think makeinfo should worry about keybindings either.  I.e. the HTML
support to specify what is "the index page" is all we need.  The info
browser will then just provide an `i' keybinding to make use of it, but
other browsers should be free to provide such a thing or not or differently.
I.e. the support provided by HTML seems sufficient for `i' and probably also
for full-text-search.

        Stefan