Re: new Emacs maintainer(s)?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: new Emacs maintainer(s)?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:11:17 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree.  In addition, as I have many Unicode related works
> not yet finished for Emacs 23, and discussions in English
> take lot of time for me, I would very much appreciate if
> someone else takes the leadership of the whole project.

That is why I suggested that we have a committee of 3 people for
each release:

- a "technical lead" which is responsible for the "quality" of the
  major modifications to the software (i.e. C and Lisp code).

- a "release manager" which is responsible for the release, including
  documentation, copyright stuff, packaging, etc  (basically anything
  else)

- a "chairman" (the third person) who has the "final word" on any
  disputes in the committee, based on an overall understanding of
  Emacs "policies, history and visions" (whatever they are)...

I still think Handa, Chong and Stefan would be a great team for 23.1