Re: mode line: 1) indicate region size, if active; 2) highlight column #

From: David House
Subject: Re: mode line: 1) indicate region size, if active; 2) highlight column # if > limit
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 18:44:45 +0100

On 06/06/07, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
3. The line and column indicator is highlighted (red, in image) when the
cursor passes a user-defined limit. (This version still uses the
(line#,column#) format.)

I like this idea -- make it nice and clear when you pop over the
70th/80th column. Could you be a bit more precise with the semantics?
i) Will it highlight just the col number if you pass the col limit,
and just the row number if you pass the row limit, and both if both,
or does it just highlight both co-ordinates when either exceeds the
limit? I think I'd prefer the former here.
ii) What does it do in the case of line-number-mode and/or
column-number-mode being off?

--
-David House, address@hidden