Re: mode line: 1) indicate region size, if active; 2) highlight column #

From: David House
Subject: Re: mode line: 1) indicate region size, if active; 2) highlight column # if > limit
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:26:19 +0100

On 06/06/07, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
See the code; it's pretty simple:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/modeline-posn.el.

Thanks, I'll read through.

The only intention is to highlight the column number. I see no reason for a
line (i.e. row) limit, do you?

Just thinking along the lines of style guides for programming
languages that dictate that files > 1000 lines should be split.

The code I use highlights the column number indicator, if only column-number
mode is on. It highlights the whole pair (line, col), if both line-number
mode and column-number mode are on. It does not highlight the line number,
if only line-number mode is on.

Perhaps the code could be tweaked to highlight only the column number when
both line number mode and column number mode are on, but I'm not bothered by
the extra line-number highlighting, personally.

Seems acceptable, it's not that big of a deal at the end of the day.

--
-David House, address@hidden