Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable inElispmanualindex]

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable inElispmanualindex]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:51:05 +0300

>> Support for these link types also differs from browser to browser.
>
> As far as I know, it's sadly about as good as inexistent.  I'd be happy to
> learn otherwise.

Fortunately, their support is a little more than inexistent.  For example,
Links displays rel-links as a group of links at the top of the HTML page like:

   Link: top
   Link: home
   Link: prev
   Link: next
   Link: up

There are a few extensions for Firefox (some of them are outdated, some not)
that put rel-links to menus on the special toolbar.

> In any case I think that makeinfo's (X)HTML should definitely make use of
> them (that doesn't mean it doesn't: I just haven't bothered to check).

It does as I can see.  Makeinfo adds a piece like below to every separate
HTML page:

<link title="Top" rel="start" href="index.html#Top">
<link rel="prev"
href="Creating-and-Installing-Info-Files.html#Creating-and-Installing-Info-Files"
 title="Creating and Installing Info Files">
<link rel="next" href="Command-List.html#Command-List" title="Command List">
<link href="http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/"; rel="generator-home"
title="Texinfo Homepage">

--
Juri Linkov