Re: vera-mode.el

From: Reto Zimmermann
Subject: Re: vera-mode.el
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:07:57 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

Thanks for submitting this code!

Reto Zimmermann <address@hidden> writes:

  > (defface vera-font-lock-number-face

Faces don't have "-face" suffix anymore now, some face names have been
kept for compatibility, but it would be good not to introduce new
ones.
  > (defface vera-font-lock-function-face

Any reason you are not using font-lock-function-name-face here?

font-lock is on by default in emacs-22, so there's a set of 15
predefined faces that you could use.
Can you use the predefined font-lock faces for any of the faces that
vera-mode uses?

I added these faces because I wanted even more colors do distinguish different language elements and I didn't find appropriate colors in the predefined faces. I am already using font-lock-function-name-face for something else. So I would like to keep these additional colors because it was a user wish.

Reto