Re: find-file-noselect needs save-match-data

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: find-file-noselect needs save-match-data
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:59:21 +0900

"David House" <address@hidden> writes:
> How about string-match-no-match-data? "no-data" is a bit vague, but
> this should be clear.

string-match-it-was-a-dark-and-stormy-night?

FWIW, I don't really have strong feelings either way, but I think
"string-match-no-data" is "clear enough" -- one can't expect function
names to essentially provide documentation.  It's enough that they be
easily recognizable to someone who's used them before, and provide a
good hint to those who haven't.

"string-match-no-data" satisfies those criteria well I think, and
"string-match-no-match-data" is just a little too long and
redundant-seeming.

-miles

--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]