Re: vera-mode.el

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: vera-mode.el
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:08:21 -0700

Reto Zimmermann <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
  >
  > > Thanks for submitting this code!
  > >
  > > Reto Zimmermann <address@hidden> writes:
  > >

  > >   > (defface vera-font-lock-number-face
  > >
  > > Faces don't have "-face" suffix anymore now, some face names have been
  > > kept for compatibility, but it would be good not to introduce new
  > > ones.

For this you'd need to do something like:

(defface vera-font-lock-number-face
  ...)
(put 'vera-font-lock-number 'face-alias 'vera-font-lock-number-face)

  > >   > (defface vera-font-lock-function-face
  > >
  > > Any reason you are not using font-lock-function-name-face here?
  > >
  > > font-lock is on by default in emacs-22, so there's a set of 15
  > > predefined faces that you could use.
  > >
  > > Can you use the predefined font-lock faces for any of the faces that
  > > vera-mode uses?
  >
  > I added these faces because I wanted even more colors do distinguish
  > different language elements and I didn't find appropriate colors in
  > the predefined faces.  I am already using font-lock-function-name-face
  > for something else.  So I would like to keep these additional colors
  > because it was a user wish.

Note that my code was not an objection in any way, just making sure
that there's a good reason for adding these faces, and there is.

What is the next step? IMHO this code is ready to be checked in.