Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:22:38 -0700

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
> It uses a minor mode, `icicle-mode'. It redefines some primitives such as
> `completing-read' for use when the mode is active, and it restores them to
> the original definitions when the mode is turned off.

Word to the wise: it doesn't *quite* put things back the way they
were, so don't enable it in your long-running session.  I haven't
taken the time to figure out the reason, but after turning
icicles on and off again, partial filename completion was
disabled, and 'z' in a Gnus groups buffer kills the frame.

/s