Re: find-file-noselect needs save-match-data

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: find-file-noselect needs save-match-data
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:05:21 -0400

   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:19:37 -0400

   . . .

       How about string-match-no-match-data? "no-data" is a bit vague, but
       this should be clear.

   That name is clear, but I'd rather find a shorter one.

The only possible use for a "string-match" that doesn't set the match
data is the boolean return value, right?  So how about "string-match-p"?
[And my apologies if this suggestion is not to the point; I'm having
trouble keeping up with emacs-devel these days.]

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/