Re: Online Emacs Manuals at gnu.org

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Online Emacs Manuals at gnu.org
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:02:59 +0900

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:
> We also plan to begin something like a campaign for the unification of
> the locations of all GNU manuals, for better maintainability of
> gnu.org/manual and the inter-manual links.

That sounds really nice!

In fact, I never even knew about gnu.org/manual (hmmm I dunno am I just
blind?); even in it's current form it looks very useful.

BTW, a lot of the pages still say "no GIFs due to patent problems".
[Actually, even though patent is expired, is there really any reason to
distribute images in the GIF format any more (outside special cases like
animations)?  My impression is that pretty much everything can handle
PNG files these days...]

-miles
...who doesn't have enough disk space on his home machine for
documentation... :-}

--
=====
(^o^;