Re: gtk scroll bar deficiency

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: gtk scroll bar deficiency
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:06:53 +0200

Ralf Angeli skrev:
* Jan Djärv (2007-06-12) writes:

Depends on your definition of right. The purpose is to be able to use the scrollbar to get the last line to the top of the window. Gedit can't do that. This is an Emacs convention, but as said, hard to implement right with current toolkits.

But AFAIK, only Emacs does this so most users are surprised. Maybe we should make this customizable.

Word does it as well, in Normal mode.

Are you talking about MS Word? The one I have access to (Word 2003) does not. But other versions may, I don't use MS Word alot.

        Jan D.