Re: A few questions about desktop.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few questions about desktop.el
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:21:49 +0200

On 6/11/07, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

No, I propose installing this patch.  I had only doubts how it would
behave with my configuration.  But with the functions Davis implemented
in his patch, it is easy to write a configuration which won't fail  [...]

OK, I've installed Davis' patch and my patch with the new
`desktop-load-locked-desktop' option (name's irrelevant, better
suggestions welcome).

The only nitpick I have now is that when the desktop is not loaded,
the message to the user is barely visible.

Perhaps it'd be good to define a function like:

(defun desktop-warn-desktop-not-loaded ()
  (display-warning 'desktop "Desktop file not loaded" :warning))

and add it as another option for `desktop-not-loaded-hook'.

            Juanma