Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:41:34 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> I'd be surprised if it's not the case.  A feature freeze for Emacs-23 will
> probably not happen for a while.  Several people will have to eat their
> shorts if Emacs-23 comes out before 2010.

(Perhaps that was reverse psychology)

Does anyone believe there is any technical reason why an Emacs 23 with
unicode and multi-tty merged in could not be released, say, within one
year?

It seems technically feasible to me (coming from a position of
ignorance), and would presumably go some way to helping restore Emacs'
reputation and relevance.