Re: Emacs 23 development policy (was: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositorie

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 development policy (was: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:25:43 +0100

On 14 Jun 2007, at 07:31, Reiner Steib wrote:

I'd suppose that several developers have uncomitted changes lying
around since the kind-of feature freeze in May 2004.  If we take "very
limited" literally, such changes might have to wait some more years.

There is the OpenStep/Cocoa port (Emacs.app) which was meant to be included. The interaction with the other code should be limited. This port has been in development for a few years now, and it would probably benefit from the additional input from other developers once it is in the CVS (perhaps in the unicode branch to start).