Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 03:48:41 -0400

    I don't see how to do that. Concrete suggestions welcome. Please have a look
    at the existing code. Likewise for the other, related functions
    (`read-file-name', etc.).

    I already do a lot of stuff on `minibuffer-setup-hook'. See, for instance,
    `icicle-minibuffer-setup', which is on `minibuffer-setup-hook' when in
    Icicle mode. I have no idea how to do what would need to be done for
    `completing-read', `read-file-name',... with `minibuffer-setup-hook'.

What are the jobs that need to be done there,
which you don't know how to do this way?

We could think about how else to do them.