Re: Ediff regression

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Ediff regression
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:40:03 -0400

> Sorry, I did not touch diff-mode.el intentionally. I see that the log
> points the finger in my direction, but I do not know how it happened. :-(
> The expression to which you changed diff-font-lock-keywords is similar to
> one in ediff, but I do not know if it is what you wanted in
> diff-mode.el. It seems ok, but if you are not sure then it is better to
> revert to version 1.100. Sorry for the mixup.

You changed "\\S-" into "[^\t]" which was obviously meant to be "[^ \t]".
So I fixed the obvious.  I don't have much preference between the two, so
I left "[^ \t]" there.  Maybe if you could say why you preferred "[^ \t]"
over "\\S-" in ediff, I can make up a good reason to do the same change in
diff-mode.el ;-)?

        Stefan