Re: Ediff regression

From: Michael Kifer
Subject: Re: Ediff regression
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:43:03 -0400

> > Sorry, I did not touch diff-mode.el intentionally. I see that the log
> > points the finger in my direction, but I do not know how it happened. :-(
> > The expression to which you changed diff-font-lock-keywords is similar to
> > one in ediff, but I do not know if it is what you wanted in
> > diff-mode.el. It seems ok, but if you are not sure then it is better to
> > revert to version 1.100. Sorry for the mixup.
>
> You changed "\\S-" into "[^\t]" which was obviously meant to be "[^ \t]".
> So I fixed the obvious.  I don't have much preference between the two, so
> I left "[^ \t]" there.  Maybe if you could say why you preferred "[^ \t]"
> over "\\S-" in ediff, I can make up a good reason to do the same change in
> diff-mode.el ;-)?

It was [^ \t] in ediff from the beginning.  I changed it to [^\t] in ediff
because I wanted to take care of files that have spaces in their names. But
this was wrong and I reverted the change back to [^ \t].

I am not sure how that same change got into diff-mode.el. Maybe I did
something mechanically and did not notice.

        --michael