Re: Info: Emacs build using VC 2005 (VC8) failure

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Info: Emacs build using VC 2005 (VC8) failure
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:26:30 +0530

Hi Eli,

On 6/15/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
When this came up during the pretest of Emacs 22.1, we felt that,
given the availability of the MinGW port of GCC, expending to much

I agree. Since MinGW port is mature, as part of GNU, we should also
promote it. I have myself used MinGW for building Emacs and have not
seen any shortcomings (that MS-VS could solve).

effort on adding VC8 support is unjustified.  You are welcome to try
to make it work and submit the resulting patches, of course.

I will give it a shot. If the changes are few and easy to incorporate,
might be worth having it in.

We tried to use libcmt, but the resulting binary crashes because some
conflict with memory allocation functions.

That is a good pointer, I will try to focus on that.

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!