Re: Don't concat directories to file names

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Don't concat directories to file names
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:20:41 +0900

Juanma Barranquero writes:

 > If I'm undestanding it correctly, the API is for finding the user
 > init file (.emacs or _emacs or .emacs.el or whatever); I don't see
 > a way to determine where *other* configuration files should go.

XEmacs doesn't enforce it (we can't without imposing a gratuitous
incompatibility, since until now Emacs hasn't really had the concept),
but the variable `user-init-directory' is available to any library
that wants an Emacs-specific place to put things.  This is normally
initialized to "~/.xemacs" by startup.el.