Re: find-file-noselect needs save-match-data

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: find-file-noselect needs save-match-data
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:03:01 +0800

      Finally, I knew it's in type-break, and then I knew
    the problem is caused by `find-file-noselect' which is put on
    `post-command-hook' and changes the match data.

I think it is a bug to expect the match data to be preserved across
`post-command-hook'.  Which code expects that?  We should fix that
code to protect itself.

Then currently nothing needs to be fixed.  The code that expects it is
me, when I studied the Emacs source.  And I (with Stefan's and your
help) have fixed this code.

Thank you.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu