RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:41:51 -0700

> There is no reason to add code in C when it is possible to do the same
> thing in Emacs Lisp.

I doubt that everyone agrees with that strong statement, but. FWIW, I pretty
much do.

I haven't followed the discussion and the various versions, but I do still
use and appreciate Miles's original Lisp version.

I would also ask that the face used for the overlay be customizable - that
is, use a face variable that defaults to `highlight', or add a new face for
this.

I'm against hard-coding faces, making it impossible for users to configure
things such as this (without changing `highlight' everywhere else as well).