Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:30:09 +0200

On 6/16/07, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

And your reason for your ughness is? Because you enjoy making things harder for
users? ;-) Something else?

Because this is a tiny feature that I think most users won't
customize, and that doesn't merit (IMHO, etc.) one defcustom, let
alone two...

And more to the point, you're arbitrarily supposing that changing the
text (the "[%s]") and the face is all the user would want to
customize. If you want to be *really* general, allow a function, so I
can do

(setq minibuffer-depth-indicator
     #'(lambda (level)
         (concat (make-string level ?*) " ")))