Re: font-lock-face superseeds face?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: font-lock-face superseeds face?
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:13:29 +0200

martin rudalics wrote:
Is not the text property 'font-lock-face supposed to superseed 'face? Should not this give one character shown in the face 'highlight:

  (put-text-property (1- (point)) (point) 'font-lock-face 'highlight)

It works properly here with Emacs -Q, putting the line into *scratch*,
point after it, and doing C-x C-e.  The closing parenthesis is displayed
with the 'highlight face.  What did you do to make it fail?

Thanks for the answer. Yes, it works for me to evaluating it like you did.

I evaluated it from the minibuffer with M-:, but that does not make any difference.

However if I now comment out the statement the 'highlight face is hidden. Does that happen for you too?