Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:03:19 +0200

> I wasn't aware of the problem and I haven't looked into it closely, but
> a quick test seems to indicate that loading ispell-multi.el makes this
> bug go away.  This would make sense, since ispell-multi tries to stop
> the killing and restarting of ispell processes that would cause the
> words accepted for the session to be lost.  A corollary is that with
> ispell-multi, words accepted for the session are also accepted for the
> session in other buffers in the same language.  I would tend to regard
> that as a feature rather than a bug.

Sounds reasonable.  BTW, what happens when you "accept a word for the
buffer" and there's a shared process for the current and another buffer?

> Could you confirm that loading ispell-multi fixes the problem for you?

FWIW it does but I can't test reliably.  I don't use multiple languages
with `ispell-word' because it usually complains about different
character maps.  `flyspell-mode' is a real pain on my system since it
makes my cursor crawl.  I wrote my own mode to avoid all that hassle.