Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:51:22 -0400

    2. My `mouse-choose-completion' also records the number of the current
    completion candidate in a global variable. This is so that Icicles functions
    that work with the candidate number will also work when you choose a
    candidate with the mouse, not just by cycling. The candidate number is very
    important for Icicles, some functionality being dependent on it.

I don't understand what a "candidate number" is, and I think we will
have to consider this issue along with the core Icicles features.