Re: should non-breaking space chars act as whitespace for Lisp?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: should non-breaking space chars act as whitespace for Lisp?
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 01:39:06 +0200

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:27:59 -0700 "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Perfect. Sounds like there is no problem in Emacs 22 then. Thanks.
>
> I'd even suggest something more glaringly obvious than a brown
> underline, by default (it is defined as "brown", BTW, not red).

Whoops.  I did check customize-face and saw that it inherited from
escape-glyph but didn't bother to look that face up.  On my monitor it
does look reddish.  Among the colors shown by list-colors-display,
which comes from X's rgb.txt, the one that looks "brownest" to me is
saddle brown, which is RGB hex 8b4513 (brown is RGB hex a52a2a).  Out
of curiosity, I looked up "brown" in Wikipedia, and there it is
identified with RGB hex 964b00, which on my monitor looks somewhere
between saddle brown and sienna (though Wikipedia's source doesn't
appear to be any kind of standard).

Steve Berman