Re: Saving markup formats

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Saving markup formats
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:46:30 +0200

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Only when the specification of the action is available in the schema.
Eh, yes. The result should fit into the schema, of course.

It's not just that. A word processor might have non-schema defined
constraints on a document.

How is that? Do you mean that a document following the schema might not be valid as a word processor document?

That is clearly a messy state, isn't it? What about standardization committées view of this?

But nothing prevents you from doing more complex things. Insert first result, check completion again etc.

Sure. Maybe that is more powerful than I'm giving it credit for.

But it's too difficult because it's not a DOM.

If it weren't too difficult people (me?) would have already done a lot
of this stuff.

Could you give me a more concrete example of what you want to do? (Or did you give that before?)