Re: Saving markup formats

From: Dave Pawson
Subject: Re: Saving markup formats
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:25:44 +0100

On 18/06/07, Nic James Ferrier <address@hidden> wrote:

OpenOffice, last time I mucked about with the files, seemed to have
some funny constraints about where the style information could go. It
seemed like certain styles were possible in the document, but others
weren't. The schema didn't seem to describe that stuff, it was just
abritary constraints on top of what the schema specified.

Other tools (Schematron comes to mind) are possibly more
appropriate for such checking which is beyond the schema.
Though if you've specific complaints about ODF schema I can
forward them to that group.

> Could you give me a more concrete example of what you want to do? (Or
> did you give that before?)

I am talking about editing a word processor file from OpenOffice or
something like that and being able to edit the file in such a way that
I (or someone else) can open it up in the native editor and it will
work.

I've worked with ODF content.xml files in nxml-mode quite happily,
using the ODF rng schemas?

regards

--
Dave Pawson