Re: insert-file-contents and format-decode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: insert-file-contents and format-decode
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:31:23 -0400

    I test the attached patch for a week now and didn't encounter any
    problems.  In addition to fixing the bug I described it moves the call
    of after-change hooks _after_ the call to `after-insert-file-functions'.

That seems like a mistake to me.  The `after-insert-file-functions'
are Lisp functions, and if they change the buffer, they will call the
after change hooks for what they did.  Therefore, the calls to the
after change hooks for this function's own direct changes in the
buffer should be done before.

So please install just the patch for the bug.