Re: new image library "requirements"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: new image library "requirements"
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:28:49 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:54:00 +0200
>> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jan_Dj=E4rv?= <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> > But failing the configure script is too draconian, IMHO.
>>
>> That was Richards call:
>
> Well, I know, but I still think it's draconian.

Well, the previous behavior was too lax: it led to frequent problem
reports.  Perhaps we'll figure out something as effective as the
Draconian approach without a similar annoyance level.

Maybe we could add something like an overall --without-panic option
that will not abort unless nothing useful can be compiled?  That would
be more convenient for people than having to switch off every library
manually if they know what they are doing.

--
David Kastrup