Crashes on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Crashes on Windows
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:20:18 +0200

After months and months of rock-solid stability, my Emacs on Windows
(compiled daily from HEAD) is suddenly much more crash-prone, to the
tune of perhaps four or five crashes in less than two weeks.

Unfortunately, they are non-reproducible AFAICS; I wasn't doing the
same things when the crashes happened, though I think two of them were
while I find-file'd (with ido, but I don't think that's related).

As a blind shoot, I think the crashes could be related to the
canonicalization-of-strings patch, which was committed eleven days
ago, though I used it for weeks before with no problem whatsoever. In
any case, if the canonicalization patch is causing crashes, that will
surely mean there's a hidden problem or assumption that we should find
and fix.

So, to those of you who are using the Emacs trunk on Windows, two
comments: save often, and keep a watchful eye for any clue.

Thanks,
            Juanma