Re: completing-read-multiple and read-face-name are not in Elisp manual

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: completing-read-multiple and read-face-name are not in Elisp manual
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 01:09:28 +0300

> I find nothing about this behavior described anywhere in the Emacs manual or
> the Elisp manual. How will users understand the UI? How will programmers
> understand how these functions work (without examining the code in detail)?

This is an optional feature that users can encounter only when running
`describe-face' on the face name in the `defface' definition (where one face
gets picked from the face name, and another from the face used to highlight
it by font-lock mode - font-lock-variable-name).

However, this feature could be documented and developed further to e.g.
allowing selecting multiple faces from the *Completions* buffer, inserting
them into the minibuffer separated by a comma, and calling a multi-command
on them.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/