Re: Crashes on Windows

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Crashes on Windows
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:33:42 +0530

Hi,

On 6/19/07, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
I've had at least two crashes in the last week, so it must be something else.

Have you tried capturing the process dump using "USERDUMP" utility
from MS? It can be configured to create a mini or a full dump on any
exception in a given process.

Link to userdump utility from MS:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e089ca41-6a87-40c8-bf69-28ac08570b7e&DisplayLang=en

It might make it much easier to debug with a full dump. If you are
doubting resource leaks or heap corruption, using the "gflags.exe"
(from the resource kit), you can enable extra information in the
dumps. USERDUMP also has an ability to collect heap information.
Since I have not seen a crash (I use Emacs only for editing C/C++
files), I am not able to analyze. For official work, we use USERDUMP
quite extensively.

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!