Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:51:08 +0300

> Space in *Completions* is limited. I want to see as many face names as
> possible in that relatively small space. *Completions* is about quick
> interactivity - much more so than is `list-faces-display'. You are picking a
> face name in *Completions*; it is the name that is most important.

The size of the *Completions* window is the same as the size of the *Help*
window displayed by `list-faces-display' with normal Emacs settings.

With `emacs -Q', both `M-x list-faces-display RET' and `M-x describe-face RET
TAB'
display a window that occupies half of the frame.

And actually one face name per line in the output of `list-faces-display'
is more readable than two columns where names grow from left to right and
then from top to down.  In two column lists it's much easier to read at first
one column sorted top-down and then when the list continues on the second
column.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/