Re: Saving markup formats

From: Nic James Ferrier
Subject: Re: Saving markup formats
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:10:01 +0100

> I am against structured data formats for an Emacs buffer because there
> is no way to reconcile that cleanly with the Emacs Lisp model of a
> buffer as a string of text.  I thought about this thoroughly 15 years
> ago.

I don't *think* I'm talking about a data format in an emacs buffer.

I'm talking about using properties to mark the syntax of pieces of
text (in an ordinary buffer) as they are described in a word processor
schema instance (a document).

I think I'm just going to have to knock up an example and see whether
it's viable.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk