Re: Don't concat directories to file names

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Don't concat directories to file names
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:07:46 -0400

    Stephen proposed `user-config-file' or `find-user-config-file', and I
    like them, but I think you said it is not only for configuration
    files. So, some permutation of `user', `local, `data' and `directory'.

    What about the variable `user-emacs-directory'? That is surely not the
    "best name for it".

It is the best of all the names suggested so far.
What these files all have in common is that they are used
in special ways by Emacs.

The function could be `locate-user-emacs-directory'