Re: Don't concat directories to file names

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Don't concat directories to file names
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:08:56 +0200

> But I still don't like `data'.  All the user's directories
> hold the user's data, not just this one.

Compare the variable data-directory.  user-data-directory would be like
data-directory, except for the user.

(I don't think that the name data-directory suggests that all data is in
that directory, only that the Emacs data files are in that directory.
By a similar token, user-init-file doesn't suggest that all the user's
initialization is in that file, only the Emacs initialization.)

Kai