Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?

From: David House
Subject: Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:57:49 +0100

Richard Stallman writes:
 > I do not want anything that would replace C-x 4 f and similar
 > commands with four-character sequences.

I would be happy with a system whereby C-x 4 <key> was equivalent to C-x <key>
in the other window, so that find-file-other-window becomes C-x 4 C-f (as it is
also currently) and C-x 4 f is set-fill-column-other-window. The latter perhaps
isn't that useful, but for consistency's sake, it should be that.

In other words we make a copy of ctrl-x-map and put it on C-x 4, but with every
command having its effects in the other window.

--
-David House, address@hidden