Re: A wish, a plea

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: A wish, a plea
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:03:22 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> How about if Emacs left the splash screen as the active buffer if there
> were no files listed on the command-line, until the user deliberately
> switches buffers (either with C-x C-f to edit a new file, or C-x b to
> *scratch*)

Please don't.  There is nothing more useless than a splash screen --
there is a good reason, that we have inhibit-splash-screen.

Btw. it might be a good idea to separate inhibiting the splash screen
from inhibiting the initial message in *scratch*...

sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple
             : actions and impossible to accomplish complex actions."