Re: A wish, a plea

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: A wish, a plea
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:46:32 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Did anyone in this longish thread suggest to simply turn on
> auto-save in *scratch*, like we do in *mail* buffers?

This seems a simple, sensible suggestion [1]. I think
buffer-offer-save would be good too, as per Karl's very clear initial
diagnosis (I use both these settings myself already). It would be easy
to implement, easy to customize (new vars scratch-auto-save,
scratch-offer-save, defaulting to t), and similar to how other
editors/word processors behave.

[1] I therefore doubt it will get approval. Awaiting the next 50
messages on what colour this feature should be...