info DIR file: Duplicate topic entries problem

From: dhruva
Subject: info DIR file: Duplicate topic entries problem
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 09:06:12 +0530

Hi,
I am finding a strange problem recently. I build emacs from HEAD on
Windows using MinGW tools (make bootstrap) and keep updating
frequently by (make info && make recompile && make && make install).
The first time I install the top INFO (dir) has single unique entries
for all topics. The next time I update and build, I see a second entry
for almost all the topics (except "Emacs Lisp Introduction"). It is
not a case of blind appending, something else must be broken in the
"make info" which updates the DIR file. I will try exploring but with
my limited knowledge, I doubt that I can make good progress.

with best regards,
dhruva

PS: I can send the DIR file if someone wants to have a look at it.

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!