Re: A wish, a plea

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A wish, a plea
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:22:58 +0200

On 6/24/07, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

No, of course my proposal is not better _because_ I like it. I gave reasons why
it is better. #2 is the summary, not the argument.

So it's not better. You just have arguments that make *you* think that
it is better. So in discussing your contributions to this thread with
David, it does not add information that you said that this fix is
better. We're likely to suppose you think so of your own proposals.

Whether or not #2 refers to the best proposal of its kind, and
whether or not Juanma likes it, are irrelevant to pointing out
that the proposal was relevant to the discussion.

I don't think you know anything about what I like or not about your proposal.

Why? Because proposals are countable.

Then David was right. Your proposals are not countable.

            Juanma