Re: Icicles doc - file 1/2 (was: propose adding Icicles to Emacs)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Icicles doc - file 1/2 (was: propose adding Icicles to Emacs)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:47:11 -0400

    > That feature has a conflict.  `Up' and `down' in the minibuffer move
    > thru the history; that works for all minibuffer arguments, with or
    > without completion.  So if we are to install this feature, it needs
    > to be on other keys.

    I am aware of that conflict.

    There are multiple keys assigned to history next and previous. I see no
    reason why there are so many keys (6) consecrated to this. `M-n' and `M-p'
    are still available for the history in Icicles (as in vanilla Emacs). This
    is anyway configurable in Icicles. If you want to use different keys, you
    can.

The reason for making UP and DOWN do this is for coherence with other
applications.  It is a valid and important reason.

So please look for other bindings for your new commands.