Re: [gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.msys] Re: .emacs at c:\ and ~/

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.msys] Re: .emacs at c:\ and ~/
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:33:42 +0200

On 6/27/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

I have to agree with the misleading wording in the info page regarding
the -u option for using the init file of other users.

I don't disagree, but the Init File node's first paragraph points to
Initial Options, where -u is described as in the Emacs command line
help:

`-u USER'
`--user=USER'
    Load USER's Emacs init file `~USER/.emacs' instead of your own(1).

Maybe we should also add a link to the Windows-specific section
explaining about what ~user means under Windows?  I don't think it is
at all clear to the average user what effect -u will have under
Windows.

No effect, at this time.

            Juanma