Re: Relicensing Emacs to GPLv3

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Relicensing Emacs to GPLv3
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:30:38 -0400

    Just a reminder that when we went through the copyright exercise
    earlier in the year, it seemed to be the case that some of the images
    included in Emacs from Gnome/GTK were under GPLv2 (no "or later").
    Someone may wish to re-check these.

There is no legal conflict about the license of an image that Emacs
merely displays, so this is not a barrier to relicensing.  However, it
is not a good thing that GNOME images are licensed this way.

Can you tell me the specific file names of one or two of these images,
and where they come from in GNOME?

I don't need a complete list, just a couple of examples, fully
described.