Re: suggestion: function: buffer-bytes

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: suggestion: function: buffer-bytes
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:40:07 -0700

Stephane,

Where I used this:

Package g-client
http://emacspeak.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/lisp/g-client

I use curl to talk HTTP in that package -- uses Atom Publishing
Protocol to talk to servers --
and I needed the byte count  for computing HTTP headers
correctly.
It does appear to work, but also because I do set buffer-encoding
appropriately in those buffers where I am building up the HTTP
message being posted.
buffer-size definitely bombs in that use case -- do you have a
better suggestion for how one might count bytes?