Re: bad tool-bar icons in Emacs 22.1 release

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bad tool-bar icons in Emacs 22.1 release
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:32:11 -0400

    It would be preferable to include the libraries in the zip archive in
    the right directory (emacs-22.1/bin/ (?), along with some
    README.image-libs file?).

That sounds convenient for the users.

    BTW, when uploading a new version, the file name should be modified
    (e.g. emacs-22.1-bin-i386.zip -> emacs-22.1-a-bin-i386.zip) as well.

I do not understand why you propose this.

    > We should distribute the source alongside the binaries,
    > and we should make sure that the binaries have whatever
    > notices are required by the licenses.

    The sources could be in a separate zip file (e.g.
    emacs-22.1-image-libs-src.zip).

Yes.