Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 16:40:10 -0400

    If the same function is used to act on a single candidate and to act on all
    matching candidates, then you can get into trouble. The candidate action
    function takes a candidate and does something with it. You are talking about
    a function that takes a list of candidates and does something with that
    list. That is not the same function.

I understand that's the case with your implementation.
I've envisioned another implementation in which multi-command
behavior works through a loop in call-interactively.
Thus, multi-argument input will be equivalent to
running the command over and over, with each argument.

Except for one thing: the command can tell that it is
being invoked for multi-command behavior.  And it can do
something different if it wants to.

Do you see the idea now?